Port-au-Prince, HAITI - Saturday, May 22, 2021: The Digicel Foundation launched this Saturday the fifth edition of its ''Konbit Pou Chanjman'' campaign (Come Together For Change), via several press conferences held throughout the country.
True to its mission to support community development in Haiti, the "Konbit Pou Chanjman" campaign continues to fund projects for local organizations throughout the 10 departments.
Considering the many requests received for funding, as well as the positive impact of the projects already funded by the Foundation, this campaign has become an annual event to which communities, organizations and institutions willing to implement projects capable of improving their living conditions are committed. Through the four previous editions of Konbit Pou Chanjman, 69 projects were financed for a total of 55 million gourdes, benefiting thousands of people.
For this fifth edition, 15 organizations will each receive 1,000,000 gourdes for the implementation of a project in one of the following categories: environment, education, access, inclusion, livelihoods, culture and disaster prevention.
With each edition of the campaign, the common denominator of the projects we receive is their tie to community development. Many are those, who are involved in their localities, and propose innovative and diverse ideas. I have witnessed the involvement of Haitians of all ages throughout the country. And we are pleased to offer them another opportunity to make their dreams a reality," said Sophia Stransky, CEO of the Digicel Foundation.
For the fifth edition of the campaign, please note the information below:
- Any locally based non-profit organization, registered in Haiti and in existence for at least three years, can apply for a grant through the Konbit Pou Chanjman campaign: associations, charitable, educational or religious institutions, NGOs;
- The grant application form and additional information about the campaign are available at Digicel's regional offices and stores, where employees are trained to assist any interested organization. It is also available online at www.fondationdigicelhaiti.org in the "portfolio" and "grants" sections;
- The deadline for project submission is July 31, 202;
- Phase 2 notiﬁcation will be made on September 8, 2021. All organizations will receive an email indicating if they were selected for this phase. Those that were will be contacted to plan a site visit with the Konbit Pou Chanjman evaluation team ;
- The ﬁnal phase will be announced on January 13, 2022. All organizations that participated in Phase 2 will receive an email indicating whether they have been selected for the ﬁnal phase;
- During the month of January, the ﬁnalists will be invited to Port-au-Prince to present their community project to the Konbit Pou Chanjman jury. These ﬁnalists will also benefit from training on nonprofit governance and management;
- The awards ceremony, where the winners will be announced, will take place in March 2022.