Name of school: Fond-des-Blanc National School
Address: Fond-des-Blanc, Section 9 Aquin, South Department
Date the school was built: 1929
Name of the director: Edmond Lelièvre
Total number of teachers: 6
Total number of Students: 370
To increase the capacity of the teaching and management teams to deliver quality education, adapting to learn new forms of instruction.
Develop a sense of responsibility and community spirit.
History of school
Founded in 1929, this school had a firm base in the School Fond-des-Blancs. Located in the Section 9 Aquins, in a small town called Gasfand., 53 years later it became a National School of Fond-de-Blancs.
About the school:
Ecole National de Fonds des Blancs is a National School working with the authorization of the Ministry of Education. In school, there are 370 pupils, 212 boys and158 girls. The school teaches many disciplines such as English, Maths, French, Creole, and Experimental Social Science, Chemistry and Physics, ITAP, EPS.
The Board is comprised of 9 people, there are representatives of parents, teachers, the mayor of the city and the principal. Their role is to ensure the smooth running of the school in agreement with the community.
In 2007 the Foundation DIGICEL reconstructed and furnished the school. In 2008, the Foundation financially supports the payment and training of teachers.
The school is part of a food program. This program is supported by Food For the Poor, which feeds the 10 teachers and 370 students each day, throughout the school year.
Students are vaccinated by the MSPP.