The Digicel Foundation proceeded with the inauguration of 8 schools during the month of February and 1 school during the month of March. 5 of the schools were built in partnership with the organization Zanmi Lassante (Partners in Health) in the Center department and 1 was built in collaboration with the Ministry of Education in the Nippes.
- Institution la Salésienne of Ouanaminthe; North East
- Ecole Saint Jean Baptiste de Epin Located at Thomonde ; Center
- Ecole Notre .Dame du Perpétuel Secours de Lascahobas; Center
- Ecole St Francois de Corpporant Located at Mirebalais; Center
- Ecole Roche La Pierre de Lascahobas– Roche Lapierre; Center
- Ecole Saint Michel de Morne Mouton, Mirebalais; Center
- Centre de Recherche Et de Formation Weedy Alexis (CREFWA) Located at Aux Coteaux; South
- Ecole Nationale de Grande Riviere Jolie Located at à la 2eme Section Communale, Anse à Veau ; Nippes
- Association des Anciennes Elèves de L'Ecole Mère Sainte Alvire (AMESA), Saint Marc ; Artibonite
1 of the schools has 3 classrooms and can accommodate 135 pupils; 2 of the schools have 6 classrooms and each of the schools can accommodate up to 270 students. The 6 other constructed schools have 9 classrooms and can up to 405 pupils. The local beneficiaries were delighted with the new constructions because for the most part the schools were functioning in very precarious conditions under tents or inside wooden huts. The students present at the inaugurations demonstrated an immense pride in their new securely built classrooms which meet current earthquake and hurricane resistance standards. The Digicel Foundation is very happy to be getting closer to achieving its objective of constructing 150 schools by September 2014 and would also like to thank the above mentioned partners for their collaboration along the way.