This privacy notice is provided to help you understand how we collect, use, share, protect, and otherwise deal with your personal information when you use our My Digicel App.
Who we are
The data Controller for our app is Digicel Caribbean Limited.
Our contact details
If you have any concerns or questions about our privacy notice, you can contact us via email to: DPO@digicelgroup.com or write to us at:
Digicel Caribbean Limited
14 Ocean Boulevard
Information we collect about you
We currently collect and process the following information:
· Contact information such as your name, address, mobile number and email address;
· Account information, such as the plans and/or subscriptions you have, or your account identifier;
· Your billing information, place of residence and any other information you provide for the provision of payment services, administration and billing processes;
· Details about your device(s), for example, the unique device ID, the device model, device settings and operating system; and
· Information about your interaction with our app, for example, which services you use the most.
How we get that information and why we have it
Most of the information that we process is provided to us by you:
· When you register, browse and use the services available on our app;
· When you get in touch with us or respond to communications from us; or
· Directly from our affiliates with your consent.
We also use various technologies to collect information about your interaction with our app, for example, Google Analytics cookies and software development kit (SDK).
We will use the information that you have given us to:
1) verify your identity and validate your subscription;
2) maintain and provide the services you have requested through our app;
3) assist with service related issues, account management, customer care and technical support;
4) improve the performance of the service, product and service development, and customer care;
5) carry out marketing analysis to tailor the services to your preferences – sending you relevant information and promotions;
6) market our services; and
7) carry out statistical analysis such as analysing the performance of our website and app and to understand how visitors use them.
Legal basis for using your information
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. In every case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
· Where you give us your consent, for example where you have given your consent to send you marketing notifications. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us via our contact details or by changing your preferences under your device settings;
· For our legitimate business interest, where it is necessary for us to understand how users use our apps, and to analyse what content has been viewed on our app, for marketing and improving our services;
· For the performance of our contract with you, for example where you have purchased a subscription from us, we need to process your personal information to provide you with our services and content; or
· To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
International Transfer of Data
Where applicable and in order to provide some of our products and services to you, we may transfer your personal information internationally to companies within the Digicel Group, our partners and service providers involved in delivering and maintaining the products and services you use.
If we do transfer any of your personal information to other countries, we will ensure that there is an adequate level of protection for your personal information and ensure that a proper legal agreement is in place to cover such data transfers to these countries.
If you would like further information about this please contact us via ‘Our Contact Details’ above.
Who we share your information with
We share your information with:
· our subsidiaries and affiliates; and
· partners and service providers involved on our behalf in delivering the services to you (that includes our payment gateway, app developer and engagement platform provider);
We ensure there is a data processing agreement in place so that your personal information is only processed for a specified purpose and that it is protected in accordance with privacy laws.
How we store your information
We take the appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorised access and unlawful processing, accidental loss, damage or destruction.
We keep your personal information for no more than is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice unless we are required to so for a longer period to comply with legal, tax or regulatory reasons. When we no longer need or are not required to keep your information we will securely delete your information and ensure all recipients of your data also comply with the same.
Where you have given us your consent to use your data and you decide to withdraw that consent, we will delete your personal data unless we are required to keep it for reasons we have explained above. We may need to keep a piece of your contact information e.g. your email address in our records so we know that you have withdrawn your consent and ensure we honour your choice.
Your data protection rights
You can do the following at any time by contacting us:
- Request to see a copy of the information we have about you;
- Request to update any incorrect or inaccurate information we have about you;
- Restrict or object to us processing your information in certain circumstances;
- Have us delete any information we have about you in certain circumstances;
- Transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances;
- Express any concern you have about our use of your information;
- To opt-out of marketing messages - you can also opt-out by clicking the link at the end of any marketing email, text or message to unsubscribe, or disable push notifications, or change your preferences on your device settings; and
- To opt-out of automated decision making e.g. online behaviour analytics.
Our app may contain links to other third party websites or apps. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites or apps. We encourage you to read the privacy statements and cookie policies of these third party websites or apps before you use or give them your personal information.
Changes to our privacy notice
This privacy notice was last updated on November 15, 2019.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via our website.